I decided to use my new Winterberry stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps and decorate a candle.
I made several decorated candles this season , but none of them had a colored in image - so this is first for me. The image was stamped with Memento on tissue paper and colored with Copics. One thing I observed - you have to use darker colors than you would use on regular CS, as the tissue paper is really thin and lot of ink gets through. Not the perfect paper for fancy blending either ;)I added lots of Stickles on the snowflakes and berries, unfortunately it's not very visible on the picture. Then I added a paper band (Bo Bunny - Winter Joy) with ribbon and some rhinestones all around the candle.
Challenges:
All Sorts - Light up the night - it says the image has to have a candle/light on it, but hope a real candle is ok too ;)
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything but a card - winter theme
Fussy and Fancy - anything but a card
Stamp and Create - Tis the Season
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gifts
this is stunning alica..I am defo going to try this!!
ReplyDeletefi
x
beautiful! I would love to feature this during Sweet Pea Stamps customer appreciation week - just my email is on the SPS blog - j
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Alica, thanks for the tutorial link, I picked up some tissue paper yesterday & can't wait to try it out!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful decorated candle! What a terrific gift idea. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully decorated candle Alica!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us in this week's "Winter~Anything But a Card" challenge @ Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs,
True :)
Visit my blog here. :)
this is one beautiful gift,anyone would be delighted to recieve,this,bless you for playing at creative inspirations,this week,.love hugs cheryl xxxx
ReplyDeleteVery Pretty! I love stamping on candles! They make the nicest gifts too!
ReplyDeleteTracy
Stunning project - - thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
ReplyDeleteGood luck
Debs xx
adorable project, such great gifts! Thank you so much for entering the lightchallenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant gift idea, love what you have done here, thanks for joining in with our challenge at Creative Inspirations,
ReplyDeleteEm.x
GORGEOUS project!! Love the colors you used.
ReplyDeleteSo loving these candles you've made this season! What type of tissue paper? Just the stuff they sell in the drugstore with the gift wrap?
ReplyDelete