Pages

▼

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Santa I Believe and wonderful news

Here I am again with a second post for today and some exciting news. I was asked to be a guest DT member of SparkleCreations Christmas Card Challenge for January. Wohoo! How exciting is that!! You can never have enough Christmas Cards so the sooner you start, the better.
This week's challenge is embossing (wet or dry) and here is my card.
I used Santa from Flourishes Santa I believe Set. The Santa is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics. Gold glitter pen was used for the glassed and I added red pearls on the Holy Berries.
The background is a thin metal sheet embossed with Tim Holtz EF and lightly sanded to make the snowflakes stand out more. I got the metal sheets here: Add a Little Dazzle.

I'm entering it into the following challenges:
City Crafter Challenge - Stamp it Out! (no digis)
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - pearls (on the holy berries)

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, Alica! Wonderful news! Your card is gorgeous, I love what you did with the embossed metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your GDT post...this is beautiful and the colouring is amazing!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Alica I love the embossed metal and that Santa image is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed you live in Niagara Falls!! so do i:) nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Alica! We're so happy to have you joining us as our guest this month!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one fabulous card ... really stands out ... love the stamp and your colouring ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, with a wonderful image..
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Santa card Alica and CONGRATS on your GDT gig!!! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week!!! Hugs ~S~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantabulous card! love that image! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful card! Congrats on your guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful design and terrific news! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Pearl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring is leaving me speechless!!! Congrats on your new DT spot....well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete