Pages

▼

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SOS196 - the Earth has music

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is called The Earth Has Music. The name made me think of songbirds and I went to look through my stash for bird stamps.
I used an old retired  Stampin' Up! stamp set called Touch of Nature and a small sheet music stamp from Prima in the background. Sentiment is also from Stampin Up.
I stamped, colored and embossed the bird with clear EP, then sponged and stamped the background.

Challenges:
Retro rubber - sketch
Try it on Tuesday - they who have wings
Crafty Cardmakers - Wings
Challenge Up Your Life - embossing (use clear EP on the bird and also the dark green panel is embossed)
Amusing Challenge  - Birthdays

19 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background with all the blendy greens and blues! And the song bird is perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, I so struggle colouring birds I'm so intimidated I don 't colour them. Awesome use of the theme

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy moly, you have ROCKED it for sure! what a gorgeous card! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightful card! Birds are one of my favorite subjects also. Love your coloration .Thanks for sharing this with RRBC... please come back to play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful background to show off the wonderful image for this card

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Alica! The colours, the background...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the EP as a resist - beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love the mix of stamps, especially the music notes. Beautifully colored! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Alicia! Love the sheet music in the background!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a a great card.
    Thanks for joining us at challenge up your life

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love birds and embossing it so you can make such a pretty background was a great idea! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic use of the RRBC sketch. The images and coloring are wonderful. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you have used the sketch, very clever. This does not look like stamping, it looks like a minature painting. Thanks for joining us at RRBC this week. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was my favorite card from the RRBC11! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pretty background looks fabulous and love that wee birdie! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete