This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to use Silhouettes.
I found this balerina QuickKutz die in my local thrift store some time ago and instantly fell in love with it. She looks really graceful and light.
I wanted to create something like a shadow effect so I layered the same die in black, gray and silver.
Background script is stamped, embossed in white and then sponged with aqua inks.
Challenges:
Broken Fairy Designs - AG + embossing
Just Us Girls - Let's Hear It For the Girls
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Resist technique
Cardz 4 Galz - No patterned paper

This is such a lovely card, with the grace of the dancer and the stunning colour which highlights the resist technique perfectly.
ReplyDeletebeautiful, BEEEEAUTIFUL take on the silhouette theme... the three layers just so totally make it! ♥
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!! great find with the die it's fabulous. Love your sketch too.
ReplyDeleteLove your shadow effect on this beautiful die! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls for Wild Card Week.
ReplyDeleteThrift store SCORE!!! #1: I love the layers. #2: I love the background. #3: I love the finished product!
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope we see you again. Caz DT.
ReplyDeleteAlica, your card is absolutely STUNNING!! LOVE that ballerina die cut and how you layered it 3 times. Your sponged background looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for joining in at Just Us Girls!
Back again to say another thanks for joining in at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the Ballerina silhouette! Thank you for joining us at Broken Fairy Designs challenge :)
ReplyDeleteAlica, this card is gorgeous, I have a dear friend who has a ballet studio and she would adore this silhouette!! The background you created with the embossed and sponged script stamp looks amazing sponged in that lovely aqua colors.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Maria.
Your ballerina card is unique and lovley, the white embossed resist technique background just compliments those die cuts perfectly. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "R" is for Resist challenge!
ReplyDeleteOhhh Alica this is soooooo pretty!!
ReplyDeleteLove the silhouette and the colours!
Ohhhhhhhhhh so pretty Alica!! Love the teals and purples together!
Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "R is for Resist" challenge!