This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to try/learn a new technique. I always wanted to try the shaving cream technique, don't know why I didn't, so I finally did it.
You only need a shallow container filled with shaving foam, couple reinkers and several pieces of pre-cut paper. You can make a lot of different looking pieces from one "serving" of foam. Little messy, but fun, fun, fun!
I knew I'll want to use the background with my new Fox Builder punch from Stampin' Up! so I used brown, blue and green reinkers for my background. Sentiment is from Sprinkles of Life stamp set and the leafy embossing folder is also from Stampin' Up!
Challenges:
Sweet Stampin - no deisgner paper
Crafting when we can - use dies and punches
Polkadoodles - something beginning with F - fox
Cardz 4 Guyz - something beginning with F - fox
Retarte - anything goes

not only do i LOVE everything about this gorgeous card, i love that there's a punch in the world called a "fox builder"!!! :) (which you've used brilliantly btw!)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute foxy card, great shaving cream background the colours are perfect for your super cute punched fox.
ReplyDeleteCute card. Thanks for playing along with Retarte anything goes challenge.
ReplyDeleteThis technique was so much fun, don't ya think?! Love how you matched your card stock colors with the reinkers you used on that gorgeous background! Such a cute card!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little fox and that technique looks so cool!! I'm going to have to give that one a try :)
ReplyDeleteOk Alica, the moment I saw your card on the page I got immediately curious as to what was the shaving cream technique, I honestly never, ever heard about it so, I went to Google and found a ton of videos on how to do this and I was blown away by the beautiful patterns you get with it, no two are alike, EVER!!! This is so cool and fun.
ReplyDeleteThis pattern you showed here goes perfectly with your adorable little fox, she is so cute.
You got me inspired to try this, thank you!!
Hugs,
Maria.
awesome! I love your shaving foam technique background. Wishing you lots of luck in our 'Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
ReplyDeleteFab card. Love the shaving foam technique. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
ReplyDeleteCass xx
Your background is perfect for the fox punch.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card and I LOVE the shaving cream technique! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT
ReplyDeleteI adore the magic of shaving foam. A great idea for the background of your fox. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT
ReplyDeleteStunning creation thanks for joining in the anything goes fun over at Polkadoodles And good luck!Anita (DT)
ReplyDelete