Thursday, May 6, 2010

Clearly delightful challenge - blue + green

I just love Clearly delightful challenges - wish they were more often than once a month. Every time you play you get a free digi image. This month's challenge is to use blue and green on the card.
I decided to use a froggie on the lily pad I got couple months for playing in this challenge.
I was inspired by Laurie's watercoloring tutorial so I decided to watercolor the froggie too. So I printed the image on watercolor paper (my first time) and when I started to color it I realized that my laser printer was not very happy with the watercolor paper and the toner smeared. :( Tried heat setting it and tadaaa - no more smearing. The background panel is made with melted crayon technique and I added small touches of lilac to match the water lily. The green flower on the left is one of my first attempts to make this kind of ribbon flower ;)
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts challenge - animals
Lexi's Creations - animals
Alphabet challenge blog - A is for animals
Pile it On - boyish colors

16 comments:

Faye said...

This card is so much fun and totally scrummy. Thanks for playing along at Lexi's. x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very pretty and your watercoloring is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Clearly Delightful Blog Challenge!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What wonderful coloring! Really cute. Thanks so much for joining us for the CDBC5!

Scrappy said...

Wonderful colors! LOVE this card~!! Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Laurie Wilson said...

He is so cute how you colored him spotty! Pretty ribbon flower too! Thanks for playing CDBC5 with us!

Anonymous said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge this week. S x

HappyCrafter said...

Amazing creation alica! You should watercolour more often, it is so beautiful!! I like that thing you did with the crayon too, maybe you would do a tutorial for us one day on that with pics and stuff :-)

Lexi said...

Ohh how sweet is that! I do love watercolours they are so effective..thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Lesley said...

Lovely card and I like blue and green together! The frog is cute too, thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card such a great image...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Cheryl said...

Adorable! I love how you used this cute little froggie! The LO and flower and fab.

Andrea M said...

Love the froggie :) Great job :) Thanks for playing along with PIO. We appreciate your support!

CarlaKH said...

Wow Alica this is awesome! I am gonna try printing on my water color paper.. I don't have a laser though but I will try it out! I love that background and your flower rocks! Super card! Thanks for joining us at CDBC5!

Mary Duffek said...

Toadly fabulous job! (LOL!) Love your coloring and fun layout.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love that flower :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous card Alica! love your coloring hun!
I'm so glad you came to play with us @ Clearly Delightful!
Blessings,
Maria

Post a Comment