Sunday, August 1, 2010

Post #102 - Cards made for VSN on SCS

If you are looking for my Paper Sundaes or Blog candy posts please scroll down.

I have another post for you today - cards I made Friday evening for Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoast Stampers. They are all pretty simple as the time for each challenge is 45 minutes.

First one is flower inspired. I used a Cala lily digi I got from participating in Clearly Delightful Challenge some time ago. I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and used a sketch from the Digi Shack (Sketchbook Wednesday Sketch)The second is using a blueberry image from Berry Sweet set (Flourishes). It's colored again with Prisma pencils. Here I played a little with faux wood grain technique. Really fun. The netted ribbon is from Paperworks CO.
The last card is using image from Rubber Romance. I wanted to make the card look really shiny so I embossed it with clear EP. Thought about using Crystal Effects first, but it would take a long time to dry.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing along with our sketch!

HappyCrafter said...

These are all so pretty! I like the cala lili one best, since I'm a sucker for flowers, but also really am impressed with that faux woodgrain technique...is there a tutorial somewhere for that?

Lola said...

These cards are beautiful. And that wood grain...it really looks like wood! I don't know that effect, but it's awesome. Great coloring.

Lelia Pierce said...

Beautiful cards, Alica! Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at The Digi Shack!

XXX

Marlene said...

Fantastic cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Digi Shack!

Post a Comment