Monday, May 30, 2011

Cupcake anyone?

Feel like having a cupcake? I have 2 to show you, sadly they are not edible - the real carrot ones were gobbled down last night ;)
It's the last day of Ribbon Rewind challenge over at Shopping Our Stash so my cupcakes are ribbon covered. They are actually paper mache boxes, painted with acrylic paint and then "iced"with ribbon. For the first one I used sheer turquoise ribbon, ruffled it and attached the ruffles with hot glue. Sheer ribbon is probably not the best choice, as you need to really use a LOT of it and then you end up with a puff ball like this one ;)
So on the second one I twisted the ribbon like when you make the ribbon roses and attached them with the hot glue too. I kind of like this one better, it's more sleek and elegant ;)

4 comments:

sara said...

omg alica that is amazing i love them especially the second one sooooooo cute
hugs sara x x

Amanda R said...

I love it Alica! Those would be great centerpieces at a party or a shower and equally cute around the home. Love it!

Uma said...

they look gorgeous!

LoveCupcakes said...

These really looks amazing! But I want to see the edible you said on your blog the carrot cupcake. :)

Post a Comment