Friday, June 10, 2011

Flourishes June New Release Challenges

Flourishes are having another fabulous release and with it a couple of challenges I couldn't resist.
First one is a sketch challenge - nice and easy - I used the lighthouse image from Flourishes Guiding Light set, but since it's more a landscape image I flipped the sketch. Image was watercolored with SU inks and the background panel was made using Melted Crayon technique.

The second challenge is called Pretty in Pink and as you probably guessed, participants need to use shades of pink. I didn't feel like coloring this morning, so I thought paper piecing would work instead. I found this cute little paper pack from K&Co, where all papers are pink so I thought it would work for this challenge. Can't get any more pinker ;)
Both image and sentiment stamps are from Flourishes set Coffee with Friends. It was one of the first Flourishes sets I had and I should really use it more often. I kept the layout simple, just added rhinestone flourishes for extra girly-ness. What do you think?

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Love em both! Great coloring on the lighthouse and love the sentiment on the second card!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow... love them both Alica! Love the way you flipped the sketch to make it a longways card and your pink creation is over the top with that fabulous bling! Thanks for playing along with us gals over at Flourishes!

Leslie Miller said...

I have to say I'm pretty crazy about your first card. Everything works so well, including your embossed background. Love how you colored the image with the shining light. And, you're right, can't get any more pinker than your Coffee With Friends card! Loving the bling on that one. Got to bring this set out for a spin sometime. Thanks for the reminder!

Toni Storie said...

These are both fabulous! I love how you turned the sketch on it's side. Your pink card uses one of my most favorite Flourishes stamps of all times!

Post a Comment