Tuesday, August 30, 2016

SOS267 - Shaving Foam Technique meets Fox Builder Punch

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to try/learn a new technique. I always wanted to try the shaving cream technique, don't know why I didn't, so I finally did it.
You only need a shallow container filled with shaving foam, couple reinkers and several pieces of pre-cut paper. You can make a lot of different looking pieces from one "serving" of foam. Little messy, but fun, fun, fun!

I knew I'll want to use the background with my new Fox Builder punch from Stampin' Up! so I used brown, blue and green reinkers for my background. Sentiment is from Sprinkles of Life stamp set and the leafy embossing folder is also from Stampin' Up!

Challenges:
Sweet Stampin - no deisgner paper
Crafting when we can - use dies and punches
Polkadoodles - something beginning with F - fox
Cardz 4 Guyz - something beginning with F - fox
Retarte - anything goes

12 comments:

lauren bergold said...

not only do i LOVE everything about this gorgeous card, i love that there's a punch in the world called a "fox builder"!!! :) (which you've used brilliantly btw!)

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute foxy card, great shaving cream background the colours are perfect for your super cute punched fox.

creative lady said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing along with Retarte anything goes challenge.

Chris Dring said...

This technique was so much fun, don't ya think?! Love how you matched your card stock colors with the reinkers you used on that gorgeous background! Such a cute card!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute little fox and that technique looks so cool!! I'm going to have to give that one a try :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ok Alica, the moment I saw your card on the page I got immediately curious as to what was the shaving cream technique, I honestly never, ever heard about it so, I went to Google and found a ton of videos on how to do this and I was blown away by the beautiful patterns you get with it, no two are alike, EVER!!! This is so cool and fun.
This pattern you showed here goes perfectly with your adorable little fox, she is so cute.
You got me inspired to try this, thank you!!
Hugs,
Maria.

Bev said...

awesome! I love your shaving foam technique background. Wishing you lots of luck in our 'Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles

Cass said...

Fab card. Love the shaving foam technique. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Sue - said...

Your background is perfect for the fox punch.

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Fabulous card and I LOVE the shaving cream technique! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

Cazro said...

I adore the magic of shaving foam. A great idea for the background of your fox. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining in the anything goes fun over at Polkadoodles  And good luck!Anita (DT)

Post a Comment