Pages

▼

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SOS149 - May Day Daffodil

Good Morning! It's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week, since we get to turn the calendar to May, we're celebrating May Day. We'd like you to be inspired by the May Pole:
I was inspired by all the ribbons so I wanted to make something with lot of them...something else than just tying them in a bow..
I taped down scraps of ribbons on a CS panel and then secured them with decorative stitches.
Image is from Flourishes (Signs of Spring) and is colored with Prisma pencils. All the CS (even the base) are from my scrap box, so I'm not sure about exact colors :)

Challenges:
Sweet Stampin - no designer paper
Use Your Stuff - Flowers
Crafts 4 Eternity - use some scraps
Paper Crafting Challenges - no patterned paper






13 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the challenge, love how you "had fun" with different stitches, great image and nicely coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee-hah with the scrappage use! Love the stitched ribbons and that daffodil screams SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty coloring. I love daffodils. Thank you for creating with us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ribbon background looks amazing! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANT use of many different scraps missus, and they add up to soooo much more than the sum of their parts! the decorative stitching is AWESOME btw! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation at Sweet Stampin and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Alica! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card, Alica! Love all the different stitch patterns you used on the ribbon, and that image is colored beautifully! This definitely shouts SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the stitching! What a cool way to create the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute and what a GREAT idea...I should try this, I look like a total hoarder of ribbon! ;)

    Thank you for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stitching is gorgeous! Really accentuates the ribbon! Great job! I just love daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! LOVE the colours! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really, really gorgeous, I love this!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges !

    Don't forget to sign up for e-mail notifications so you will receive notices for new posts and winners!

    We hope that you are inspired to join us again!
    Thanks!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete