Pages

▼

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SOS163 - Beach Babes

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Splish Splash, and we'd like to see some form of wet medium on everyone's creations.
For my card I stamped these beach babes (Artistic Impressions stamp) with black Versafine and  watercolored them with SU markers and aquapainter. For the background I used a watercolor wash with Pool Party and Crumb Cake.
Then I played a bit with the background embossed panel (Pool Party) - inked up the embossing folder with the same color ink, misted it and then embossed - since it's tone on tone it's not very visible, just some fun looking splattery dots :)

Challenges:
Card Mania - Vacation or Travel
A Gem of A Challenge - embossing
{PIN}spirational - inspired by the beach

8 comments:

  1. I just bought this stamp, and now you've inspired me to water color it up! This card is so cool! And I love the swirly background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those beach babes! WOW - your water colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome, love those beach babes

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!!! loooooove your beachy babes!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely watercolouring and great beach theme. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Marina DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love the AI images, but oh how I dislike coloring. Perhaps water coloring would work. Hmmm.

    LOVE these babes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stamp!! You've created a great background to really showcase it.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete