This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to make our own background - not just stamped, but more involved.
For my card I used a "new to me" technique called Nail Polish Marbling - you can find step by step instructions here. It's a bit messy and stinky, but it's easy and really fun.
I quite liked my background so I did not want to cover it up much, so I just added a simple flower, sentiment and ribbon to make it into a card :)
Challenges:
Cards in Envy - Spring (used fresh spring colors)
Use Your Stuff - make your own background
Come and Get It - make your own background

This is such a pretty card! I have never heard of nail polish marbling - very interesting! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!
ReplyDeleteLori - UYSDT
This is such a cool technique - reminds me of the shaving cream technique a bit. I love the results!
ReplyDeleteaw maaaaaaaan! i just threw out some older, emptier nail polishes... and it turns out i could've DONE THIS with them??!?! wow! verrrrrrrry cool! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this is just AWESOME. who would have thought to use nailpolish, what a great way to use up those odd ball colours you just had to have. I wouldn't have covered the bg up either. Fab. job.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Spring color card! I love your technique! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!
ReplyDelete~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog
What a great marbling look on your card! This looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThis is so neat! I have never heard of this technique! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Use Your Stuff!
ReplyDeleteLove the colors and the wonderful swirls! Very nicely done!
ReplyDeleteChana
Nail Polish Technique never heard of it but this looks fabulous, I shall have to look it up and have a play. Totally agree about leaving as much of the fabulous colours to show off. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT
ReplyDeleteA wonderful card!
ReplyDeleteThank you soo much for taking part in our "make your own background” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…
Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)
ah, lovely marbling effect! Nice effect on the card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing what you could create for the background, at Use Your Stuff!