Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet Pea Spring Spread - Avatar Style

I have a bit unusual card for you today. I stamped my Sweet Pea Spring Spread and didn't feel like coloring all that skin in usual skin tones. So I got inspired by Avatar and went blue. I know, they didn't have light pink hair in the movie, but I like it this way. For the background I used one of my encaustic art (melted crayon) creations. Then I just added a bit of stickles, bling and ribbon and the card is done.
What do you think?

I'm entering it into Sweet Pea June Customer Challenge (anything goes) and Charizma Cardz challenge (bling).

6 comments:

KymKreates said...

I just popped over from The Sweet Pea blog and I think she looks magnificent!!! Can you e-mail me and tell me how you made that background. I think it is luxurious! kymkreates@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

HappyCrafter said...

Very neat card, I like how you are willing to work "out of the box"! With all my skin tones out of ink I think I'm going to be copying you pretty soon LOL!

Crystal said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I love the Avatar style! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the background too I'm going to bookmark it and hopefully one day I'll get adventurous enough to try it.

Leanne said...

Oooh this is gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - hope to see you again soon!

Leanne xx

Leah l'Orange said...

hi Alica! thanks for your sweet comment on my Mae card for Some Odd Girl! :) the wings were left slightly lighter than the rest of the image, and i coloured over them with a very cheap dollar store glittery gel pen - easy as that! glad you liked it!

Micki said...

Oooohhhh am loving your 'avatar' card! Absolutely stunning. I'm so going to search for that background technique.... it's simply awesome! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stamps!

Post a Comment