Sunday, October 24, 2010

PSC41 - Wags 'n Whiskers - Altered Can

Good morning and Happy Sunday! Today's challenge on Paper Sundaes is Natural Woman - that means using a woman image plus something from nature. For my project I used the Iris fairy image from our sponsor for this week - Wags 'n Whiskers. Instead of making a card I decided to decorated a coffee can - thought it would make a nice gift packaging or a treasure box for my DD.
The image was printed on watercolor paper and watercolored using SU markers and TH distress inks. The can was wider then I thought and the 12 inch paper didn't get all the way around so I made kind of lace up closure on the back (like how it came out). Then I just added flowers and leaves for decoration.
I'm entering it into Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge - use a die cut or a punch (I used both) and Flutter By Wednesday - anything with butterfly, fairy or angel.

Don't forget, Paper Sundaes is currently holding a DT call, so if you would like to join us and become one of the Sundae Girls you have until Tuesday, October 26th to apply!


Materials:
Image: Wags 'n Whiskers - Iris
Coloring - SU markers, TH distress ink, aquapainter
Paper: CS - SU Melon Mambo, DP - DCWV Spring glitter pack
Other: Spellbinders - label, meddalion dies, border punch, flowers, leaves, ribbon

13 comments:

Fiona said...

fab can alica...it looka amazing how you have decorated it!!

Fi
x

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love ABC projects - this is wonderful. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Crystal said...

This is great Alica, love the lace background and your colouring & layered flower looks great! Happy Sunday :)

CarlaKH said...

So cute. love the colors you used too.

Danni said...

Fabulous project! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this beautifully decorated tin!

Thank you, Alica, for sharing this wonderful die cut design with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!

France Ringuette said...

Great project Alicia.. Love the colors !

Virgo5 said...

Wonderful project and this certainly would make a great treasure box!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Joanne Travis said...

Your coloring is so beautiful on this wonderful image.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends on our special anniversary week!

HappyCrafter said...

What a fun project, I'm sure your DD will love it!

Unknown said...

So beautiful project! :)

KER said...

gorgeous

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is FABULOUS!! I have a ton of coffee cans like this waiting to be altered and had no idea what to do with them...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Post a Comment