Pages

▼

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Watercolored Poppies

In my online class Watercolor for card makers I learned about letting the color do it's "job" on wet paper.. here is my first attempt in creating something artistic :)

I used poppy stamp from Flourishes and distress inks on 140 lb watercolor paper.

Challenges:
Just Add Ink - just add watercolor
Cards und More - lots of flowers
Fairytale stampers - flowers
Inkspirational - Bloom

13 comments:

  1. mohnblumen sin immer so schön, deine karte auch.

    danke, dass du sie mit den fairytale stampers teilst.

    glg meggi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poppies look wonderful and I like the addition of the splatters. Great use of color. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning example of watercolouring Alica! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool - very artistic. I love this technique - it's great to see how the colours blend and move for themselves. Gives the effect of the poppys blowing in the wind. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a wonderful card.
    beautiful wiped
    Thank you for your participation in the Fairytale Stampers
    hugs
    manu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alica, this is beautiful. I love the addition of blue flecks to complement the bold red poppies. Thanks for entering this card, too, in our Just Add Ink challenge. Your watercolouring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is fantastic! Love the water coloring and the design is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful water color look, very artistic! I love the poppy stamp too. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous! The watercoloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely effect you've achieved with your watercolouring. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at the Cards and More Challengeblog.
    x Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Die ist wundervoll großartig geworden.
    Hab lieben Dank für's mitmachen bei Fairytale Stampers
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete