Tuesday, April 28, 2015

SOS199 - CAS Thanks

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is called Opposite Day and we want everyone to try something that's opposite of their usual style.
I usually don't make these super clean and simple cards - but now I forced myself to not add any embellishments other than washi tape (which is also out of my comfort zone).
The sentiment (from this year SU sale-a-bration brochure) was embossed with clear EP and the I colorwashed the background using pool party and pistachio pudding inks. Then I colored in the word with aquapainter and more concentrated Pool Party ink. The papers are also pool party and pistachio pudding.

5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Such pretty colors!!! And WASHI TAPE! :) I love what you've made.

Donna said...

Very pretty CAS card Alica! Love the washi tape!

lauren bergold said...

i agree, CAS is HARD!!! but you've done brilliantly with this one, what a lovely card!!! :)

Chana Malkah said...

This is great, Alicia! I can't do CAS! Every time I try it turns out "butt ugly." I love your awesome use of color. It gives your creation a very strong voice!
Hugz,
Chana

Barbara Godden said...

CAS is one of the toughest for me too, but you rocked the washi tape and made a fab. card.

Post a Comment