Monday, February 4, 2019

30 day Use Your Scraps challenge - Day 9 - Purple Valentine

Day 9
I'm back with another Love/Valentine card - I'm not sending out Valentines so I usually try to make them more to suit any love related occasion. This one is really scrappy:
The background was created with half inch strips of various purple papers/card stock. I covered a piece of paper with double sided adhesive sheet and then just lay down the strips the way you like them - no fussy glue-ing necessary. 
Tip: you can use any ugly single sided patterned paper for the base of this - my strips were glued on the back side of brown DP with ugly pattern that I would never use otherwise. Double win: you'll use the ugly papers and don't have to use any of your "good" papers.
Image is a precolored square from Lili of the Valley. Sentiment is from a sheet of digis I had for ages.

Challenges:
The Paper Players - Love Is In The Air
Card Mania - Love Is In The Air
Dragonfly Journey - I heart You

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

So cute...what a great way to use up those scraps! Love the purple, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Such a cute card, Alica! I love the background you created from all the scraps of purple paper! What a great tip on using up the less desirable papers, too! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Jeannie said...

Hi Alica! Purple is my favorite color and you've made those scraps look fabulous. That little couple is the cutest and the doily and flowers are perfectly placed. Thanks so much for joining my 'I Heart You' blog challenge and good luck :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

flossbite said...

Lovely project. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Post a Comment