Monday, June 10, 2013

Trip down the Country Road

This week is release week at Flourishes, and to kick it off they have offered a challenge - "Textures of Nature". I didn't feel like doing my usual flower or fruit card, so I went digging in my stash and found this rarely used Flourishes set called Country Road. I also found some speckled feather and rafia and thought they would work great with the barn image.
 

Part of the background panel is made with  woodgrain  stamp and distress inks. The other papers are from Basic Gray's Fiction collection. I also used some tapes (not washi, but paper ones) I picked up in Michaels a long time ago.

7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool! I like the embossing and the feather is a great touch. Very country and sweet. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Texture Challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

The feather and raffia are a perfect touch for this image! A sweet country feel on this pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I love this farm scene, and I love how you added the feather!! Sweet little flag along the bottom also!!

Margaret said...

The image looks wonderful on the pattern paper and I love the added feather!

Heather Rogers said...

Very pretty! I love the texture the bird feather adds. Thanks so much for playing at Flourishes. :)

Amanda said...

A Feather, what a great idea! The texture is perfect and with that stamp set, it's absolutely a wonderful card! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Alicia, your card is so pretty...love the added feather!

Post a Comment